Thursday, January 8, 2009

Russian & Ukraine conflict...yikes

The conflict over gas between Russia and Ukraine will most likely start affecting us (our hot water, heat, ability to cook, etc) as soon as tomorrow. We are not completely clear on to what extent and for how long we will be affected. If you have more information, let us know or just want to say a prayer for us...please do. We are crossing our fingers and enjoying what could be our last warm night and hot shower for awhile. Much love.

1 comment:

  1. I am your aunt Billie's from Baytown Texas. I am in my comfortable warm house and can't imagine not being able to stay warm with no power. However I do remember my huricane Ike experience. We were with out power for 11 days. Our houses were so hot we could not stay in them during the day. So we made the best of it--- we went up to the church and washed clothes for the redcross workers. They were giving so much to us passing out water and food -- it was the least we could do, and it made us feel better doing something positive. I know you will find a way to make things better for someone else if God puts you in that situation. :) I am a sign language teacher so I have to ask --have you met any deaf people? I am praying for you
    Lea Ann Gardner from Texas

    ReplyDelete