Monday, February 9, 2009

The Dyers are HERE!!!




We are so so so happy to have Preston and Genie here!!! Spending time with them is so refreshing. They came bearing gifts from the School of Social Work and Joy's mom!! We loved the cards and the goodies! THANKS so much everyone! You have NO idea what a Grandaddy Preston hug will do for you once you have been away from home for a month :) We have developed a Sunday night ritual with them. We go over to Alex and Lucia's, eat some yummy food, and visit for a few hours. Too bad this will only last for 3 weeks. I feel so blessed to be a part of a learning community that allows you to develop relationships that promote growth and learning on so many levels. I feel as though I have a dozen mentors. The genuine concern that the SSW professors have for us, as students and people in general, is touching.
Last Tuesday, we joined their research class at the College of Theology and Education. Is it crazy for me to say that I actually miss the classroom setting?? Well, I do. The day actually flew by and it was probably a much needed refresher as we look towards writing up our research this semester. Genie had to remind Preston to not get ahead of the translator, it is no wonder that they were famous for their team-teaching abilities. They are adorable!! I am also getting a few marriage tips here and there from the wise, happy couple that they are. I wish they could stay with us for the rest of the semester, I bet they will be ready to get back to good 'ol Baylor though.
More to come soon...lots of stories and pictures to share. We are missing everyone. Much love from Moldova :)

No comments:

Post a Comment