Friday, December 26, 2008

Getting ready to leave...


I just got finished cramming everything I could into one huge bag to take to Moldova. Leah, Joy, and I all decided to try our best to take one carry on and one checked bag. Can you say laundry?? We have all talked on the phone at least once today! Our feelings are so mixed. We know that we are about to embark on a beautiful, life-changing, and fruitful adventure; however, we will miss our friends and family dearly. Joy has already said, "We are going to be a weeping mess when we leave home." I am willing to bet that no matter how ready we are to see our family, we will be a weeping mess when we leave Moldova too. In a conversation with Dr. Ballenger today, reality hit. Tomorrow, I will be gone for 105 days, I truly hope that I get to experience everything I have dreamed and imagined for this internship. Thank you in advance for all of your thoughts and prayers! Just so you know...we are meeting in Houston, flying to Amsterdam (for a 12 hour layover), then to Prague. We will be in Prague for 2 nights, Vienna for 3, and Budapest for 4! (This should lead to entertaining stories) Then we will head to Moldova to start our internship on the 5th. Get excited!! :)
AND...I want to share some EXCITING news that happened over the break. I am ENGAGED! I included the picture of my fiance, Cody, and I so you all could get a look at us! He proposed exactly a week before our flight for Moldova leaves. I will, obviously, miss him so much. I have so much to look forward to. (Oh and for my professors, don't worry, we have agreed to postpone wedding planning until I graduate, the focus will stay on Moldova and research)
Thanks for wanting to keep up with us. Look forward to great, funny, happy, sad, etc. stories! We love you all. More to come soon....

1 comment:

  1. I am missing you already!!! I will be counting the days until you are back home safe and sound. I know you will do amazing and wonderful things. You are truly an amazing young woman. Never forget how loved you are, especially by me. Stay true to yourself and your beliefs. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! Miss you honey. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete